We have made some changes to our regular protocols during the Covid-19 Pandemic to keep both our clients’ and staff’s safety in mind.
- We do not provide emergency/same day services (other than Last Wishes Service)
- We will comply with the 6 ft distancing requirement.
- We will be masked up and ask that all pet owners who meet us outside be masked properly.
- Our Home Visits are outdoors on a front or back porch, backyard, or garage. Please see the info below about Cat home visits.
Video Vet Appointments
- Required for all new patients (other than Last Wishes service). Offered M-W of each week. Click here to get more information for First Time Patients.
- Allows pet owner and Dr. Croom to decide what is needed for your Home Visit.
- Is considered an Annual Visit, which provides a full year of prescription access from Dr. Croom’s online pharmacy.
- No need to download an app. We use a site called Doxy.me, which keeps all your information secure. You will receive a specific link once you are scheduled.
- Video visits are 20 minutes per pet, and you get Dr. Croom’s full attention and guidance.
At-Home Vet Visits (Outdoors)
- Following the Video Visit, Dr. Croom and her Vet Tech, Toni schedule a date and time (range) that works for you.
- You will be invoiced separately for the Home Visit (housecall fee + cost of services selected)
- Home visits are offered Wednesday-Friday, often the same week as your video appointment.
- For clients living farther than 20 miles outside of Portage, MI there is an additional fee based on distance.
- We do provide vaccinations, heartworm and Lyme testing (immediate results), new puppy and kitten exams, and chiropractic.
At-Home Vet Visits (Cats)
- Outdoor appointments for cats can be difficult, so we only provide home visits for clients with 3-season porches that can be accessed from the outdoors.
- Windows must be open to allow airflow.
- If the cat can come outside comfortably, that works great too.