We know how hard it can be to let our little friends cross the rainbow bridge. We’re here to deliver a sensitive experience from the comfort of your own home.
- Your pet cannot handle a traditional veterinary setting.
- Your pet’s comfort is top priority.
- You would like an intimate setting for your pet’s last wishes.
- Cold waiting rooms and linoleum floors make you uncomfortable.
Last Wishes services are available in the daytime, evening, and weekend appointments.
Yes, since Dr. Croom gives a sedative first, Dr. Croom can meet you at your front or back door to give the sedative. Dr. Croom then goes back to her vehicle to wait for 15 minutes while the sedative takes effect. When she returns, your cat should be very relaxed, at which point, you can meet Dr. Croom out on your porch or garage for the final part of the service.
Yes, Dr. Croom believes in giving a sedative first, which allows your pet to relax with you in comfort, and this gives the family more time (about 15 minutes) before Dr. Croom gives the euthanasia solution.
The only pain your pet may feel is a short poke from the sedative. Very similar to a regular vaccine shot, it will be over quickly, and then the relaxation and no-pain come into effect.
Yes, Dr. Croom gives you the option for her to take remains with her for cremation. It’s Dr. Croom’s goal for you to not have to worry about a thing after the Last Wishes service, so when you schedule yourself on her calendar, choose one of three options:
- The family is responsible for pet’s remains.
- Dr. Croom takes remains, but you do not receive them back (cremation is still performed, so cost is still included)
- Dr. Croom takes remains, and remains are hand-delivered back to you with other gifts from your beloved pet.
Dr. Croom does not come inside homes currently, but she has a sling that you can use to bring your larger pup outside to the yard.
Cost varies based on your location, size of your pet, and what optional services you choose (cremation, return, etc). Cost STARTS at $350. Other variables that increase cost are if you choose an AFTER HOURS or WEEKEND service.